Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
A few things may be different for a while, but we’re doing our very best to make sure you still have a wonderful time with us.
- We’ve added floor-standing, table top and bar-mounted screens across the restaurant to meet government guidelines on social distancing and to help you feel more protected as
you dine. Please also consider others when moving through the room, adhere to social distancing rules and wear a face covering.
- All of the doorhandles, from the front door to the bathrooms, are now antibacterial – using silver ion technology in the coating to kill bacteria and viruses. Hand sanitiser has also been
provided for your use at each table.
- The restaurant has been completely redecorated and deep-cleaned prior to reopening. Thorough cleaning routines take place regularly, all day, every day that we are open and our staff will be constantly washing their hands.
- Each member of staff has their temperature taken daily and would be sent home to self isolate if it registers above average.
- To minimise contact for the safety of both yourself and our staff, the team won’t be ‘on the floor’ as often as usual. However, they will be keeping an eye from a distance should you need anything. Don’t be frightened to give them a wave.
- Similarly, for now, the staff will not be able to hang up or fetch coats for you, but you are welcome to use the pegs provided or keep them with you.
- We cannot use our normal menu folders so fresh paper menus and table cards are provided for every booking. We are also donating to The Woodland Trust every month to try to make up for all the extra paper we have to use.
- We are not allowed to lay the tables prior to your arrival. All cutlery is sanitised and passed to you in bespoke holders once you are seated. For this reason the team will not be able to touch them again or top up your wine or water throughout your meal.
These aren’t ideal elements to take out of our usually attentive service but are necessary on a temporary basis.
Bookings and reservations
- As we have lost a third of our tables, evening service now begins at 6pm, with a second ‘sitting’ from 8.00pm onwards. If your table is booked between 6pm and 7.30pm we may need it back after 2 hours.
- We ask that diners please stay as close to their booked arrival times as possible to enable us to stagger entry for social distancing purposes. If you arrive early or late we may need you to wait outside and cannot guarantee the weather.
- For the same reason, walk-ins are accepted but you may need to wait outside briefly before we can seat you. Therefore, booking is advisable.
- Currently, we are only allowed to seat up to six people at most from separate households per table. This is a Government stipulation and we appreciate your help in enabling us to stick to the rules.
- We are required to take contact details from EVERY member of each party for Track And Trace purposes.
Use of the bathrooms
- The area outside our two bathrooms is quite restricted, as is the space at the top of the stairs. Therefore, for social distancing purposes, please check with the staff at the bar as to whether one of the bathrooms is free rather than head upstairs and wait outside.
- Antibacterial wipes are provided to close the toilet lid before flushing in order to prevent possible contamination of the surrounding area. (Please put them in the bin when you have finished and do not flush them – we’re good at cooking but pretty poor at plumbing.)
- Please take the time to wash your hands. We are temporarily using disposable hand towels in-line with government guidance, please place these in the bin provided and do not flush them.
What else are we doing?
- Any work that can be carried out at home will be i.e. book-keeping etc
- The site will be fully steam-cleaned once a week
- The PDQ machine will be sanitised between each use
- Staff will keep as much distance as is feasible when taking orders and delivering food. Masks will be worn.
- No delivery drivers/the postman/or supplier reps are allowed on site. Deliveries are left at the front door for staff to collect
Thank you for your understanding and support during these times.
Our menu uses fresh ingredients, cooked onsite, often using sous vide techniques. Therefore, if it takes us a little while to prepare your meal it’s because we’re treating it with the love and attention it deserves.
PLEASE NOTE: Some dishes can be altered to omit allergens, please ask staff for details. While we take the utmost care at Purslane to prevent cross contamination of allergens in our dishes, we cannot guarantee ingredients have not come into contact with traces before they reach our premises.
Service is not included, a discretionary 12% charge will be added to parties of 7 or more.
Please note we cannot accept cheques or American Express.