Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
A few things may be different for a while, but we’re doing our very best to make sure you still have a wonderful time with us. We have relaxed some of our restrictions, but also retained a few for now.
- Please consider others when moving through the room, adhere to social distancing rules and wear a face covering.
- All of the doorhandles, from the front door to the bathrooms, are now antibacterial – using silver ion technology in the coating to kill bacteria and viruses. Hand sanitiser has also been
provided for your use at each table.
- Thorough cleaning routines take place regularly, all day, every day that we are open and our staff will be constantly washing their hands.
- Each member of staff has their temperature taken daily and would be sent home to take a PCR test if it registers above average.
- To minimise contact for the safety of both yourself and our staff, the team won’t be ‘on the floor’ as often as usual. However, they will be keeping an eye from a distance should you need anything. Don’t be frightened to give them a wave.
- Similarly, for now, the staff will not be able to hang up or fetch coats for you, but you are welcome to use the pegs provided or keep them with you.
These aren’t ideal elements to take out of our usually attentive service but are necessary on a temporary basis.
Bookings and reservations
- Evening service now begins at 6pm, with a second ‘sitting’ from 7.15pm onwards. If your table is booked between 6pm and 7pm we may need it back after 2 hours.
- We ask that diners please stay as close to their booked arrival times as possible to enable us to stagger entry for social distancing purposes. If you arrive early or late we may need you to wait outside and cannot guarantee the weather.
- For the same reason, walk-ins are accepted but you may need to wait outside briefly before we can seat you. Therefore, booking is advisable.
Use of the bathrooms
- The area outside our two bathrooms is quite restricted, as is the space at the top of the stairs. Therefore, for social distancing purposes, please check with the staff at the bar as to whether one of the bathrooms is free rather than head upstairs and wait outside.
- Antibacterial wipes are provided to close the toilet lid before flushing in order to prevent possible contamination of the surrounding area. (Please put them in the bin when you have finished and do not flush them – we’re good at cooking but pretty poor at plumbing.)
- Please take the time to wash your hands thoroughly.
What else are we doing?
- The site is fully steam-cleaned once a week
- The PDQ machine will be sanitised between each use
- Staff will continue to wear face masks for the time being.
Thank you for your understanding and support during these times.
Our menu uses fresh ingredients, cooked onsite, often using sous vide techniques. Therefore, if it takes us a little while to prepare your meal it’s because we’re treating it with the love and attention it deserves.
PLEASE NOTE: Some dishes can be altered to omit allergens, please ask staff for details. While we take the utmost care at Purslane to prevent cross contamination of allergens in our dishes, we cannot guarantee ingredients have not come into contact with traces before they reach our premises.
Service is not included, a discretionary 12% charge will be added to parties of 7 or more.
Please note we cannot accept cheques or American Express.